In this busy and competitive world, the brain is put under a lot of stress. Every human being aims to achieve and earn a good position in their area of interest. In this race, man is neglecting the health of this vital organ which is leading to various diseases related to the head.
Migraine – The simplest, yet a complicated condition which almost all persons on this earth have experienced.
Migraine is defined as a pain arising from the head, upper neck of the body. The pain originates from the tissues & structures that surround the skull or the brain. It may be one of the symptoms of a simple disease or a complicated one which may be life-threatening at times.
Migraine is the 3rd most common & the 6th most debilitating disease in the world, according to WHO. In India, Migraine is the most common type of headache. Urban population experiences 25% excess number of problems than the rural population.
Ayurveda suggests many preventive and curative treatments for headache.
- Pathya- Apathya (Dos and Don’ts) which is neglected by the young generation, should be taken care to prevent various types of headache.
- Body purificatory procedures such as Vamana, Virechana should be done at proper intervals as they help to remove toxins from the body.
- Nasya karma which is one of the Panchakarmas, especially for head disorders, should be done regularly to maintain the health of the Uttamanga.
- Shiro Abhyanga helps in better blood circulation to the brain and the scalp.
- Shiro Pichu relieves anxiety tension and keeps the mind calm.
- Shirodhara helps to relieve the stress and improves the circulation, thereby maintains the hormonal variations.
- Shiro Basti helps to bring down the stress and contributes to nourishing the brain.
Therapies at JSS Ayurveda Hospital are customized to meet the requirements of the patient.