Swarna Prashana is a process in which SWARNA(GOLD) or “HERBS WITH GOLD” is given in the form of liquid, semi solid or paste form to children. ‘Swarna’ means ‘Gold’ and ‘Prashana’ means ‘to eat’.
- Improves immune system, physical strength and digestion power
- Improves grasping and retention power and memory
- Tones up skin and imparts fairer complexion
- Protects children from illness that occur due to seasonal change
- Protects children from allergies
Time and frequency of administration:
Swarna Prashana needs to be administered for six months, on the day of Pushya Nakshatra. This day arrives after every 27 days. Pushya constellation is said to have Pushti (Strengthening) and Poshana (Nourishing) qualities. Hence this constellation is chosen to administer Suvarna prashan.
Age: Swarna Prashan could be administered to a new born infant to a 16 year old child. However, it is most beneficial for children up to five years of age.
Ingredients of Swarna Prashana: Gold, Vacha, Shankh Pushpi, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, honey, cow’s ghee, etc.
Swarnaprashana Calender – 2020