Shalyatantra (Surgery) –
Shalyatantra is one of distinct branch of Ayurveda which explains and demonstrates surgical knowledge and procedures that were performed and used since thousands of years ago and are useful even today. The name of the sage-physician, Susruta, is synonymous with surgery. From his treatise Susruta Samhita, we have become aware of the sophisticated methods of surgery that were practiced in India thousands of years ago.
Charaka, the best-known physician of Ayurvedic medicine, also recommended for Shalyatantra for the treatment of certain diseases.
- Piles, Fissure in Ano, Fistula, & recurrent Abscess
- Inflammatory conditions-boils
- Gall stones, Injury to marma
- Traumatic conditions
- Cysts, Corns, warts
- Varicose veins, Osteo Myelitis
- Urinary tract infections and hernia
- Traditional Para surgical procedures like Agnikarma, Ksharakarma, Kshara Sutra and Jalukavacharana.